Problem with HAP tenant

Frank

Note: I have edited the original title (Rules don't apply to council) which was completely misleading -Brendan

mate had a Hap tenant in apt in Tallaght.

Tenant now offered a place in Lucan by CO CO as has been on housing waiting list for 10 years.

Delighted for him

My mate gets 0 notice except tenant looking for time to move.

The anti LL bias and 0 notice tough luck attitude is amazing.by housing

I have advised mate to get out and sell his apt, once he has the keys back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on, are you sure this is HAP? If so then the council have no role whatsoever in issuing notices. The rental agreement is a matter between the landlord and tenant only.

The landlord and tenant need to resolve this matter themselves.

The original post is unclear and a bit garbled.
I read it as the tenant giving notice.
I don't understand how it relates to the seemingly sweeping statement in the thread title.
A bit of clarification from the original poster might help.

The original post is unclear and a bit garbled.
I read it as the tenant giving notice.
I don't understand how it relates to the seemingly sweeping statement in the thread title.
A bit of clarification from the original poster might help.
A bit garbled thanks very much

Tenant on HAP, so some gov agency is paying it.
Granted not the council.

Council has now offered tenant a new home.

My mates income stops, with little notice, Definitely no where near the 6 months + he would have to give to get the tenant to quit.
Is that any clearer?

Yes, but completely misleading thread title.

Your mate has no contract with the council or anyone else other than the tenant.

Brendan

My mates income stops, with little notice, Definitely no where near the 6 months + he would have to give to get the tenant to quit.
Is that any clearer?
Perfectly clear, but it's also clear your friend's issue is with the tenant and not the Council.

Your friend has a contract with the tenant and is free to take a case to the RTB, though the only thing that will likely lead to is frustration. The system is weighed in favour of the tenant.

Perfectly clear, but it's also clear your friend's issue is with the tenant and not the Council.

Your friend has a contract with the tenant and is free to take a case to the RTB, though the only thing that will likely lead to is frustration. The system is weighed in favour of the tenant.
In fairness I reckon this is a blessing.

As I said. in OP maybe time to get out.
Mate is taking it on the chin and his happy for the tenant to have been sorted.
Take a case to RTB for someone that was on HAP, Hmmm that seems like a good use of time.

@Brendan you are correct, I am sure he could rent again in minutes. but the system is still very anti LL

Take a case to RTB for someone that was on HAP, Hmmm that seems like a good use of time.
If they don't and wish to retain any of the deposit in lieu of notice, be prepared for the tenant to take a case and win.

Back