Problem with estate agent

U

Unregistered

we are trying to sell our house, its been on the market for 7 months, which was over the winter so we kind of expected that. we got an offer early in the year and that sale fell through. we think the estate agent should have put more pressure on the buyer, but eventually we figured out he wasnt in a position to buy, but had been let drag the whole thing out.

we put the house on the market and got a few more offers and picked anouther buyer (on estate agents advice) now it looks like this sale might fall through as well.

what is the situation if we drop estate agent ? we are really not happy with service they have given.

You don't have to stay with an estate agent if you get rid of them you will probably have to pay for any advertising costs or the sign in your front garden.

Sometimes even a mention of you going elsewere can make them step it up a gear.

When selling my house i received a document from my estate agent outlining what advertising they used ,etc.At the bottom of this it outlined that if i withdrew the house from their books i would be charged 400euro plus vat to cover their advertising costs,brochure and sign.

So i would drop a letter into their office stating clearly the time and date outlining you are not happy with their service and will no longer be requiring them to sell your house and then follow this up with a phone call.

Best of luck.

Unregistered said:
we are trying to sell our house, its been on the market for 7 months, which was over the winter so we kind of expected that. we got an offer early in the year and that sale fell through. we think the estate agent should have put more pressure on the buyer, but eventually we figured out he wasnt in a position to buy, but had been let drag the whole thing out.

we put the house on the market and got a few more offers and picked anouther buyer (on estate agents advice) now it looks like this sale might fall through as well.

what is the situation if we drop estate agent ? we are really not happy with service they have given.

can i ask where the house is and what the cost is as I am currently looking to buy my first house??

Back