Problem with Eircode.

darvas

Eircode for my property shows an incorrect address. I am having a problem with this when trying to get insurance as quotes shows that address is in a flood area.
I have submitted a query to an post geodirectory but apparently it can take months to get a reply. When entering eircode into Google maps address is correct.
Any others have problem like this?
Please transfer to correct forum if incorrect

Can you clarify what flood maps the insurance companies are using? Is it that the townland or some other details are incorrect and what source are you checking that against? Have you checked [broken link removed]? Do you have the same issues when phoning companies or is it just the online quote systems?

Problem came to light when asking Axa to quote at one of their offices. Said area was in flood area and unable to quote. Checked Flood Maps and showed that floods occurred in year 2001. Photographs showed floods. However this was in the incorrect address. They were not interested
in my explanation

So is the house marked in or close to an area with historic flooding recorded on the flood maps? Are you saying the flood mapping is incorrect?

House is perhaps a mile from flood area. Flood map appears to be correct. The problem is that eircode shows incorrect address and that it is in flood area.

Have you tried contacting Eircode directly and see what they have to say? An Post are extremely slow when it comes to dealing with Eircode matters.

Have you tried contacting Eircode directly and see what they have to say? An Post are extremely slow when it comes to dealing with Eircode matters.

Unfortunately all Eircode can do is direct you to An Post, as they manage the GeoDirectory system that Eircode data is based on.

Back