probate valuation

mosii

Hi, this might be a stupid question ,but here goes, Do I have to get an auctioneer to value my deceased mothers house for Probate?, or can I do it myself as I am the executor.thanks

If it's not been sold as part of the will then I believe you will be advised to by your solicitor. It may delay the probate.

I'm not sure I understand elcato's reply.

If you are applying for grant of probate and completing the CA24 document you will need a written valuation from an Estate Agent. Some will charge for this valuation but will set it against their sale commission if you sell it with them.

Sorry when I said it may delay the probate I meant if a valuation form is not included and he was 'going it alone' without a solicitor. It wasn't clear whether he was using a solicitor or not or whether the house was been sold.

Invariably a solicitor handling the Probate will want an auctioneers valuation as otherwise a beneficiary might allege they were being short changed in the distribution of the estate

Similar situation for me but the house was not being sold. I needed a valuation for probate purposes.I was doing this one too as a personal applicant. Got Lisneys to do it about 5 years ago for about €246 (€200 plus VAT.). They were quick and efficient. Sherry Fitzgerald would have done too but they were dearer.

The Probate Office retained the original valuation report.

So, shop around for a price for a valuation and when you get it take a few copies for your own records.

Back