Pro-Rata Increased Redundancy Exemption

T

tbourk01

Quick Redundancy related question - So apparently you are entitled to an increased tax exemption of E10,000 if you have not received a redundancy payment in the last ten years. So my query is basically as follows - is this 10 year figure cast in stone i.e should it not be pro-rata'd e.g. if you received a redundancy payment say 8 years ago then you would be entitled to an additional allowance of E8,000, 2 years ago then an allowance of E2,000, rather than what what the revenue web site implies i.e you need to hit the 10 year mark before you are entitled to this additional exemption, 1 day under ten years and you don't qualify. THanks to anyone that can clarify the situation.

Quick Redundancy related question - So apparently you are entitled to an increased tax exemption of E10,000 if you have not received a redundancy payment in the last ten years. So my query is basically as follows - is this 10 year figure cast in stone i.e should it not be pro-rata'd e.g. if you received a redundancy payment say 8 years ago then you would be entitled to an additional allowance of E8,000, 2 years ago then an allowance of E2,000, rather than what what the revenue web site implies i.e you need to hit the 10 year mark before you are entitled to this additional exemption, 1 day under ten years and you don't qualify. THanks to anyone that can clarify the situation.

It's set in stone

Back