Private transaction - Payment methods

DublinTeach

Purchaser wants to buy a car in a private deal from Seller for €10,000.

Purchaser does not want to show up with €10,000 in cash.

Purchaser wants to take immediate delivery of car upon giving Seller cheque/bank draft/ screenshot of bank transfer however Seller does not want to release car until the funds have cleared into his bank account.

What method of payment would you recommend that would allow Buyer to leave with the car immediately upon payment?

Find out who the seller banks with; if the buyer and seller are with the same bank, do it by mobile phone there and then.

Bank draft should be fine - unlike a cheque, the funds are already taken from the account. There is counterfeit risk though I guess.

Paypal is another option - though the sender will want to go through the Paypal verification before meeting (it takes a day or so). But the receiver should receive an email virtually immediately

Maybe this has gone but last time I was paying someone sums of money like what you're talking about I came up against a daily limit of €5000 transfer per day. (I bank with AIB)
Maybe this is no more but worth checking into before you make the deal and only end up with half.

Back