Print all open documents ?

Z

zag

I am sure it was possible in the old days to select File.PrintAllOpen, but there doesn't seem to be that option anymore.

The scenario I am thinking of is where I have a number of .DOCs or .PDFs open and I just want to print them all. At the moment I have to go into each, select File.Print, select a printer, wait and then proceed to the next document. Not normally a problem but when there are a large number of documents it can take a while. This happens in work when I am printing off a batch of invoices - we print to .PDF for electronic storage but also keep and mail paper copies.

For some reason dragging and dropping onto a printer has random results - sometimes they all print, sometimes not.

I'm sure PrintAllOpen was there before.

z

File -> Open
Select the document you want from the open window
Click on Tools
Click on Print

Marion :hat

Print

You can select multiple files when viewing the folder, then right-click on the group and choose print. It will open, print and close each file in turn.

Re: Print

Hi zag,

I had a very similar problem a work, only the open documents were in word, excel, powerpoint and pdf and had to be printed in a particular order.

I did a google search for "free batch print utilities" and came accross a few free utilities which allowed this. I settled on one which allowed you print to pdf as well. I'll post the details here tomorrow.

I tried to write macros which would print and close word documents but with limited success.

I also tried mstfis solution but the system just choked on the load.

Added Later:
www.pdf995.com/ is the free utility I use.

ajapale

Back