Prime Time responds to Pension Ombudsman's criticism

Brendan Burgess

Founder
The following is in the current edition of Public Sector Times. It was written by Paul Murphy the presenter of the programme.

Very good article, Brendan, thanks for posting.

It seems that several forces are conspiring to turn a blind eye to this AVC selling fiasco.

I'm very glad to see that Public Sector Times printed this response. I used to work in several Insurance Brokers and found some of the staff and management to be totally without a sense of ethics: they were only interested in making as much money/commission as quickly as possible and made no pretence about it.

I wrote a very strong complaint to the Editor of Public Sector Times along the general lines of the response posted above.

I would point out that Marsh Ireland, who operate several schemes for Civil and Public Service Union (CPSU) members inlcuding an AVC scheme, have produced a comprehensive brochure fully explaining the differences between Additional Voluntary Contributions and Purchase of Notional Service. Anyone interested should contact Marsh Ireland for a copy.

The Broadcasting Complaints Commission has recently rejected a complaint about the programme.

[broken link removed]

The complaint was made by a Mr Owen Dwyer an Authorised Advisor of Irish Pensions and Finance and it was very vaguely worded, so easy enough to reject.