Price Alert: Bitcoin heading toward €10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The personal savings rate in US has, unsurprisingly, shot up from average 7.9% to 23% from the period of March this year, according to this stat
It would suggest to me that in the event of full re-opening of economies there will be, combined with increases in government spending across the globe, a surge in demand. Will this demand bring forth an inflationary effect?

Options to keep (some of) your wealth outside this system have never been needed more imo.
And it seems that some recipients of those free money cheques did opt to put some of their wealth outside the system. Following the first round of stimulus, some of the leading crypto exchanges indicated an uptick in deposits to the value of $1,200. The Democrats & Republicans are thrashing out a second round of stimulus and it seems odds on that this will include free money cheques.

You would imagine that the pandemic would leave the average person in a worse position. However, disposable income in 2020 is far more than in 2019.

This has been a truly disappointing thread. Past incarnations have descended to The Cult vs The Duke. This time round Colm Fagan's insightful questions were a breath of fresh air. One notes that unlike the rest of us Colm is not anonymous. He is in fact a well respected financial commentator, and his participation should have been most welcome.

Unfortunately, within a few posts The Cult had descended on him with the most lengthy, incomprehensible diatribes to the point where he naturally decided he was having no more of this.

Then we get a pompous lecture on cults with faux protestations of tolerance - "I might think catholicism is a load of bull but I still respect catholics" vomit. All to love and kisses from the cult community and its hurlers on the ditch.

I am taking Colm's advice and getting off stage.

Last edited:
Indeed, Wolfie

The pot the black kettle calling?

Regarding the second part of the post in question - whilst it is true that BTC is not at its all time high (quelle surprise), it's about 50 times more than the said poster first proclaimed BTC to be baloney back in 2015. Yes - a cumulative increase of 5,000%! Yikes! At this stage, we are entering into "Platini is not a great player" territory - [one of my dad's favourite stories - slightly before my time.]

"Platini is not a great player"

:D

How about,
"You can't win anything with kids" - Alan Hansen

or

"I can't believe Leicester appointed Ranieri" - Dietmar Hanann suggesting Leicester faced relegation when instead they won Premier League.
In fairness to Hamann, Leicester did indeed face relegation the following season under Ranieri.

For my own part I onced proclaimed that Sinamon Pongalle (who?) would be the next Ronaldinho :oops:

Dietmar Johann Wolfgang "Didi" Hamann.............

Is there where the Wolf really comes from?

Also, how about at 200 or so bucks (read: 0.02 BTC!), TSLA is way over-priced?!;):D

Last edited:
Guys
I don't know a thing about bitcoin, so forgive the naivety of my question.
I understand that bitcoin can be viewed either as an investment or as a replacement for conventional currencies. If I consider it as an investment, I want it to increase in value by as much and as quickly as possible. If I consider it as a currency, I want it to have a reasonably stable value, so that I can know with reasonable confidence how many loaves of bread I can buy for a bitcoin or how many bitcoins it will cost me to buy a car (definitely not a Tesla in my case!). How can these apparently conflicting objectives be reconciled?

Hi Colm,

Bitcoin is a new asset class and until today it has been used both as a currency and as an investment. By adopters.

Bitcoin is in it’s infancy compared to traditional currencies and investments and we are still in a development and discovery phase.

I don’t know what bitcoin will be in 10-20 years, nobody does, my suggestion is not to touch it until you understand it more deeply and can make your own conclusions.

Best regards,

Gus

Buy Bitcoin
It would certainly seem like someone is taking your advice -> LINK

This is the reason why Paypal is looking at introducing crypto to its platform:

Jack Dorsey of Twitter and Square is a bitcoin proponent. No doubt he had a hand in bitcoin being introduced to Square's CashApp in 2018. That decision is making quite a difference to Square's bottom line.

That's before we consider the amount of bitcoin that's being hoovered up by Grayscale Bitcoin Trust each week. Grayscale now has $5 billion worth of bitcoin under management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back