Press coverage of BoI at Oireachtas Finance Committee

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I had sent a briefing to the members of the Oireachtas Finance Committee to get the focus onto the SVR issue. I didn't watch the meeting live, but here is some of the press coverage

Here is the transcript

BoI rejects mortgage rate"profiteering" claims - Ciarán Hancock, Irish Times
(This is the most comprehensive report on the interaction)

[broken link removed] - Cantillon column, Irish Times

Central Bank proposals will reduce number of mortgage customers: Boucher RTE.ie news

Boucher may have a point, but he needs to cut interest rates - Comment piece by Charlie Weston , Irish Independent

However, he could play his part by lowering his bank's very high variable mortgage rates.
His borrowers are paying interest that are almost twice those in the rest of the eurozone.
AIB has shown the way for Mr Boucher on interest rates.
"No plans" for BoI to follow AIB in cutting rate John Walsh, Irish Examiner

Last edited:
Did anyone hear if it was covered on radio or TV?

I was actually surprised at how little media coverage this got yesterday. Bar some radio pieces early in the morning before BoI had even gone into the committee, there was nothing else that I can across either yesterday or today.

I was sure the #'s the posted on repossessions would get the usual limelight hoggers out shouting, but if they were, I didn't hear them

Banks told to cut 'sky-high' mortgage rates Charlie Weston, Irish Independent 7 November