Postgraduate Student entitlements

G

greenfood

I recently returned from living in England to do a 2 year taught postgraduate course in Ireland and was informed that because I had been living outside Ireland, that I would not be entitled to financial assistance with fees or otherwise. Is there any way in which I can claim for financial help with doing the course? Can I claim an allowance, rent relief, etc. and, if so, how do I go about doing it?

I recently returned from living in England to do a 2 year taught postgraduate course in Ireland and was informed that because I had been living outside Ireland, that I would not be entitled to financial assistance with fees or otherwise. Is there any way in which I can claim for financial help with doing the course? Can I claim an allowance, rent relief, etc. and, if so, how do I go about doing it?

Not that I'm aware of... If you can get a commercial sponsor or a government agency to sponsor your postgraduate course, that's about it afaic. What area are you studying in? If it is technology, there are loads of schemes.

Thanks for replying.
I've been down the road of looking for a sponsor for the course but couldn't find anything at all. I was just hoping that there might be some allowance, no matter how small, that I might be entitled to claim.

Back