What are the signs that a public company might be going private?

Of course. But the Exchequer took in IR£4bn IIRC. You had claimed:
.As I recall the sale netted €6 billion but I can't remember the size of the pension deficit. Since the employees were given 15% that means there was around €5.1 billion left from the sale. I know that their pension fund was back in deficit by 2010 but may have recovered since due to stock market growth.

Rehashing this discussion to ask a further question. Have just logged onto my revenue account to submit the 2021 year and I notice the name of my employer now has an additional company name after it?

Does anyone know where Revenue pull this information from and where would I find the effective date of this change? Unlikely information available I appreciate but thought I would ask anyway!

Companies Registration Office?
Why don't you just ask your employer?

I'm a little surprised your employer entity could have changed without a TUPE notification / discussion, even if there were no material impacts from the change (I'm assuming more than a handful of people were impacted). I've been involved in reorgs in the private sector where the TUPE process was followed even where it seemed silly.

I will ask Clubman but won't get to until late next week and I'm far to curious to wait until then.

Mugsgame, there are quite a number of employees who would be affected by it but not a whisper of this has been made to any of us.

Could there be any other reason it would appear on Revenue documents?

I will ask Clubman but won't get to until late next week and I'm far to curious to wait until then.

Mugsgame, there are quite a number of employees who would be affected by it but not a whisper of this has been made to any of us.

Could there be any other reason it would appear on Revenue documents?
Have you approached your trade union?

Back