popcorn

B

Bridget

cinema = E8
small popcorn = 3.95
small cola = 2.50

it was the price of popcorn got me! it was TINY!!!

UCI Tallaght, stand up and take a bow!

I'll be buying me popcorn and coke in the newsagents across the way for E2 in future....... Mutter, mutter, rant, rant.....

I questioned a guy (mere worker-not manager) in UCI Blanchardstown about the price of the refreshments one day and he told me that , that was how the cinemas made their money as they get very little back from each ticket sold. So blame the inflated wages of the actors and actresses on this one. They have to make their money some way!!

Cinema food

I can happily claim never to have purchased drinks/food at the cinema, but have always dropped into local store/supermarket on the way and picked up whatever I wanted. BTW has anyone noticed the tendency for entire meals to be served in these places? The smell of popcorn/crisps I can live with while I'm watching my movie - but some of this 'dinner' type stuff is gross esp. mingled with the smell of warm cardboard!

Re: Cinema food

It is all very well to say you can pop into the local shop for supplies before the cinema.. but I remember a few years ago now, I took my 3 young children to the cinema in tralee, loaded down with goodies. I was stopped on the way in but an employee and my bag of goodies confescated.. I couldnt afford to replace them, and i was dammed if i would give them the satisfaction anyhow.
result: we didnt go there again.

Back