Poor Cerdit History Credit Card

J

jeepers5

Hi there, just wondering about getting a credit card, althought, in the past year, i've a terrible credit history, had one card account closed, and on a repayment plan with the other. Just wondering if there are any companies that do credit cards for high risk borrowers like me (with higher interest rates etc), i miss having one so much for booking flights, tickets etc, and my bank told me i'd have to wait 6 months for a laser card???

If you were looking for a credit card for buying online you most probably would be better off using a prepaid credit card like the 3V voucher.

Thanks for reply. I have a 3v card, but there are lots of problems with this service.
i.e there are no retailers in my area that sell them, so i must drive to buy one., and if you buy once like for E300, so you'll have it & use it like a cc, there is like a 2 or 3 wk epiry date on them (its always the following month at the most), then you must not only pay the E5 to buy the slip in the first place, you must pay to redeem the unused funds... its a great idea, but feels like a little bit of a rip of i think?

jeepers5 said:
Hi there, just wondering about getting a credit card, althought, in the past year, i've a terrible credit history, had one card account closed, and on a repayment plan with the other. Just wondering if there are any companies that do credit cards for high risk borrowers like me (with higher interest rates etc), i miss having one so much for booking flights, tickets etc, and my bank told me i'd have to wait 6 months for a laser card???

Try NIB. They gave me a card in 2004 despite an appalling recent credit history at 14.9% which is an average rate. However I had just cleared all but one debt at the time. If you're still paying off past debt I'd strong advise you NOT to borrow again.

In the meantime get a 3V card which gives you a VISA number to use online for stuff like booking flights and tickets etc, paying in advance.

cheers,. i may try them out, have that 3v card, its not very good tho, as i was saying in my last post-

I'm working on clearing all of the debt. Getting through most of it, just miss the card when on hols etc. have had cards, motors loans, business loans etc over the past 10 yrs, but got into a cash flow problem within the past 6months, getting it sorted now!, thanks for advice,
:eek:

Back