Polling Clerks: Why are these jobs not given to Unemployed not retired c servants etc

Re: Polling Clerks: Why are these jobs not given to Unemployed not retired c servants

I think €640 for 1 days work is way too much, even if the day is 15 hours long. Make the pay the average hourly rate of say €15 per hour.
That would be more realistic. The 2 people sitting at the table I went to must have been on a go-slow it took them that long to issue me with the ballot papers.

Re: Polling Clerks.

Brought our passports to the polling station yesterday. Neither of us were asked for I.D. other than the elderly gentleman saying "were we together and could we identify each other"?

That is just too funny.............

My grandmother often used to spend the day voting. She was brought around to different polling stations courtesy of a well known party in the era before id's etc.

Re: Polling Clerks: Why are these jobs not given to Unemployed not retired c servants

I'm raging I missed out on the email to do the count, sadly I was on maternity leave when it went around,
Just curious - email from who to who? Are you working in a local authority?

Just curious - email from who to who? Are you working in a local authority?

I was curious about that too. As far as I understand, Sandrat is a Civil Servant. I have never seen an email going around the civil service looking for people to man polling stations. All we get is a reminder about limitations on Civil Servants being active in politics.