VHI PMI 4316 for renewal - better options?

Niall56

Hi,

We've got a quote from VHI for renewing our policy - its €1171.59 per adult and €336.42 for the baby. The total cost is €2679.60. I think the policy is reasonable value after browsing other options on the HIA website.

One option is to move the baby to the VHI One Plan 150 where the half price offer kicks in - just €130 a year. My understanding is that there's no massive advantage to having a healthy baby on comprehensive health insurance. That cuts it down to €2475

Another option is to switch to Laya Flex 500 Plus with a total cost of €2368. That's a saving of €300.

Am I missing some obvious better value alternatives?

I was with Laya last year before switching to VHI. Always happy to switch to the best value policy.

Niall

Niall56,

The following plan with Laya Control 300 Create is well worth considering as an alternative, details as follows;
Adult Option;
1. Laya Control 300 Create; price 1042pa; all public, private(including full cover for a private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech
excess 300 per admission, day case excess 125 per procedure. Good day to day cover, 80 refund per consultant visit, 30 per gp etc.
[broken link removed]

Child Option
VHI allow children to be insured on their own, without an adult, so it makes sense to leave the baby with VHI, to avail of the half price offer;
Note; the 3 hi-tech hospitals offer paediatric services so two options include all 3 hospitals, Beacon is covered on One Plan 150.

1. One Plan 150; price 130pa; all public and private hospitals + Beacon hospital covered. Excess 150 x 2 max for admissions, 150 excess per
day case procedure.

2. One + Plan; price 148pa; all public, private + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Excess 125 per admission or day case.

3. One Plan Complete; price 168pa; all public, private + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. No excess on this plan for private/hi-tech hospital admissions or day case.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back