Plumbing/Heating:Wireless Stats

Passport1

Hi
What is people experiences regarding Wireless Stats for controlling heating system (OFCH)

Do they work well?
Are they a good idea?
Are the problematic and more trouble than they worth
Are there any particular brands of them better than others?

Thanks

It would really depend on the make/model and their operating frequency.
868Hz is best for less interference. This a a pulse frequency unlike lesser continuous frequencies.
I usually find Horstmann are excellent and reliable. Just be careful of location and number of walls between stat and receiver.

I am using two of these in my system - they are brand "Danfoss"

One thermostat is in the upstairs Zone & one Downstairs Zone

I find them great - they have been installed for 7 years now & I've only changed the battery once.

Note I have no experience of installation & no connection with the company.

Installed and used a Danfoss TP5000 (have a google for it) in my old house. Very good and reliable. It was a programmable stat with a receiver that replaced the timeclock. (Single channel system).
Handy thing is that you can locate the thermostat where convenient/most suitable. The builder had wired the stat in a south facing bedroom. Bedroom cosy- rest of house freezing or bedroom roasting-rest of house cosy. I located the wireless stat in the hall.

Also good as you can program multiple time/tempretures, with 5/2 (weekday/weekend) or 7 day settings. It also has settings for large or small boilers (cycle times), and can learn how long before a set temperature it has to start the boiler as it learns how long it takes to rise to set temperature.

As you can probably see, I think they're great.

And here's a one time offer, cause I want a karma increase - I still have the stat and receiver in working condition (with manuals even!). Remember it is a single channel system, so can replace a single timeclock/wired stat. If it is of use to you PM me and I can organise to post it.