Plumbing Costs

Bioude*123

Hi there, I'm looking for the cost of labour on a 2000sq ft house which essentially needs first and second fix plumbing and floors lifted upstairs to see where current pipes lay. It will be oil central heating with a non-boiler stove. We've had a quote but not had another to compare it with. House is in Clare. Two bathrooms. Any ideas appreciated?

Yes, we've had about 6 plumbers round in all but only one quotation. They're all too busy right now. Just want to make sure we're not being over-charged. Price more than expected

Yes, we've had about 6 plumbers round in all but only one quotation. They're all too busy right now. Just want to make sure we're not being over-charged. Price more than expected

What would YOU expect too pay ???
Since plumbers are in such short supply you’d be expected too pay more perhaps for the job.

"50 premium for short supply" - that's just window dressing. It's like a shop saying buy 3 and get one free

The price is 300 / day, full stop.

300 labour per day (250 base +50 premium for short supply)
Seems about right to me.

I am outside the Dublin area. I just had a load of random jobs done around the property ,with some things fixed or upgraded, and other things moved. 850-900 euro for about 2.5 to 3 days work. I didn't get a second quote or haggle, due to time. It was as expected really.

Labour alone 6.6k plus vat. I've hired him now anyway as didn't have any other options. Just wanted to know if that was the going rate.
Materials another 10k not including bathroom suites

Labour alone 6.6k plus vat. I've hired him now anyway as didn't have any other options. Just wanted to know if that was the going rate.
Materials another 10k not including bathroom suites
It is what it is. It's enough to be honest but like you say, beggars can't be choosers. I take it you know the lads doing it, or know of their work? Just a note of caution, heard of tradespeople asking householders if they have insurance, because if there's an accident to one of the guys/gals the householder is responsible. Anyone else hear of this?

Just a note of caution, heard of tradespeople asking householders if they have insurance, because if there's an accident to one of the guys/gals the householder is responsible. Anyone else hear of this?
I'd wouldn't entertain any tradesperson who didn't have their own insurance to cover that possibility.

Back