Playa de las Americas, Tenerife?

ATC110

I fancy going here as a solo traveller in March and unsure whether it's a good place to visit. Was in Puerto de Carmen last year.

I'd like to stay somewhere close as possible to the beach and promenade and not too rowdy. Activities such as cycling, running, sea swimming and maybe a beer in the evening.

I can flights for circa €210 - is it cheaper to book these separately or go for a package?

Would be grateful for any suggestions where to stay and any other tips?

I like it there and am considering the very same thing for Feb/Mar at some stage. I spent ages last week looking at flights etc. I would go no further up than the La Siesta hotel or you're heading for the rowdy bit and my favourite accomodation is the Parque Santiago 4 but not great value as a solo traveller but perfect location straight on beach practically and a nice walk along the coast to Los Cristianos.

I'm thinking of sticking with La Siesta as have stayed there before.

Made a day trip there a few weeks ago, but was staying in a different town.
Went with a travel agent Tui. Prices on their website look expensive for a single traveller in March.

Made a day trip there a few weeks ago, but was staying in a different town.
Went with a travel agent Tui. Prices on their website look expensive for a single traveller in March.
Flights are around €200 and accommodation €700 half board but I was hoping to get cheaper. Any suggestions where to stay?
I've heard about "Veronica's strip" and would prefer to avoid it

That's why you have to stay below La Siesta, that is roughly the boundary to Veronicas :)

Have a look at a map on any of the booking sites and pick from between La Siesta and over towards Los Cristanos, some nice places along the sea front, cheaper if you move in a bit from sea front. I am getting roughly those prices too on an all in booking rather than separately, it's the sole occupation that is making it expensive, much better value the more sharing.

I was there around 10 years ago and if you are after sonewhere "not too rowdy" maybe its not the place for you.
I was on the main strip so maybe there are quieter areas.

There are also 3 small nice beaches, with good swimming areas at Alcala a bit North of Playa De Las Americas. Looks to be a 2 star hotel here for around €36 per night.

As someone that lived in Tenerife for 5 years, I would stay in Costa Adeje area, it's more up market and beautiful coastal walk La Caleta ( beautiful fishing village).

Back