Planning Section 47

cosy

I recently gave a site to my daughter and she has just got planning permission, however the following clause was put on the planning

Prior to the commencement of development the landowner shall enter into a Section 47 Agreement with the Planning Authority sterilising the remainder of lands outlined in Blue on Planning Authority Map Drg. No.***** from new residential development for a period of 10 years

The problem is I have another daughter who I have promised a site to and the above clause which to me looks like she cant apply to build for ten years. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

You could always appeal the condition to An Bord Pleanala. You have four weeks in which to do this starting from the date the decision was made. However, you do risk An Bord Pleanala reviewing the entire application again, as if it had seen it in the first instance and not just the attached condition.

Other than An Bord Pleanala removing or changing the condition, I don't see any alternative. It looks like the planning authority are trying to restrict any further residential development from occuring on your lands in the near future and to curtail the level of one-off rural housing in your area.

Back