planning issue, boundary wall

deargas

a neighbour of mine is planning on building a ground floor extension which will come right out, and beyond in some areas, to the existing boundary fencing.

The guy came around to our house and showed us the plans, but they are now completely different from those submitted.

1. He's building right out to the boundary wall, and in some cases would need to take down the existing fence in order to get the width of extension in the specifications.
2. Our site is higher than his (2-3 metres in some cases), and I'm concerned that proposed development might cause ground movement on mine.
3. He's putting in no less than 10 windows looking onto my site. Only 2 of them are cited as having obscured glass. There's a huge one on the ground floor which runs up past the first floor level of the existing dwelling.

What do I need to do. please help.
Would planning put in place any restrictions or obligations on the planning conditions.

... What do I need to do. please help...

Did you give an undertaking based on the original plans you were shown?

If so withdraw the undertaking and object to the planners.

Whose property is being encroached upon by the new plans where the new structure extends "beyond ... the existing boundary fencing"?

Did you give an undertaking based on the original plans you were shown?

As in, he showed us the plans and asked us if they looked ok. Yes he asked this, and at the time, they weren't an issue.

Whose property is being encroached upon by the new plans where the new structure extends "beyond ... the existing boundary fencing"?

My property.

Back