Planning application due dates

bb12

I'm submitting additional information regarding a planning application to fingal county council. you're given 6 months from the date of their letter requesting this, to submit the info. my 6 month deadline falls on a sunday and i'm sure i read here somewhere before where fingal had to change their regulations to allow people to submit the following monday if the deadline fell on a weekend...is this correct? do any of you know about this? i rang the planning department to find out but they basically don't have a clue!!!

Response to Further Information Request

Why wait until the last day!

In my books, i would submit the required documentation and plans etc to answer the Further Information request on the Friday.

Is there something unfinished with your response that you need the extra days? You had almost 6 months...

It's common to leave until the last day. gives you extra time once permission is granted. but that's not the point. i just need to know what the regulations state with regards to this.

After looking through the Planning Act and Regs I can’t find anything in relation to your query. S141 of Act says that if the local authority decision is due on a Sunday then it is legally entitled to give its decision on the Monday (or Tuesday if bank holiday). So I imagine it will be the same for Further Info. But don’t take the chance, you should always get the info in ASAP. It is only common practise with people who leave everything to last minute. If your planning permission is granted it has a life span of 5 years so I can’t see how waiting a weekend will make any difference to you especially if you can’t find out for sure if it’s ok to leave it till the Monday. Remember your application will be considered withdrawn after 6 months if you don’t submit your application on time. And if you do submit on time then there is possibly another 4 weeks to wait for a decision and up to 18 if you or anyone appeals the local authorities decision!

Why wait... to gain 2 extra days on the final permission!

Can't see how you are that stuck for 2 extra days on your permission. The permission if granted will be valid for 5 years. Is that not enough time for you? Sounds like you want 5 years + 2 days!!

Also there is a chance that the Planning Authority may not like the answers and submission you forward them in response to the Further Information request. Then'll you'll be back to the drawing board and your argument over 2 days will fall out of the sky.

In any case, best wishes and hope it goes to plan!

Hi i have further info to hand into waterford county council and im just wondering how long do they make u wait before giving you an answer again? Iv heard its another 4weeks but is that right and is there anyway of getting it any faster??

The four weeks is the statutory period laid out in the Planning Act so unfortunately you will have to wait that long. But be aware the planning authority can also request a clarification of Additional Information; basically if it’s something they don’t understand from your submission! They can’t ask for anything though that they haven’t requested in the initial further information request.

you will have to wait for the official answer for four weeks but you may find out what that is going to be beforehand you just can't act on it.

The statutory period for determining an application following receipt of the Further Information response is 4 weeks. However, from my experience a number of authorities work to stricter 'internal' deadlines and the decision has been issued between 2-3 weeks for an uncomplicated planning application.

Back