Pimco & Oppenheim Commodity Funds

tonster01

Does anyone know how good these funds are or have personal experience with them?
I have documentation from them which is in mass and great detail...before I get down to the slog of going through it, I would like to hear of any experiences good or bad you may have had with these funds...?

Or are there better commodity funds out there? I am aware this is a risky area but am willing to give it a small place in my (small) portfolio...

I would suggest JP Morgan's Global Natural Resources fund is also worth a look:

Bear in mind all these funds can be very volatile. The JP Morgan fund above took a 20% dip in July/August, but has now recovered all those losses and is up 59% in the last year. This area has the potential to be very rewarding, if you can tolerate a bit of a rollercoaster ride along the way . . .

Here is another Resources fund that has been introduced in the last week or so [broken link removed]

I like the look of that fund. How did I miss it? Is it new to Rabo?

Just added. [broken link removed] is a mix of energy, mining, and gold funds.

In fact, the stocks in JPM fund are similar to stocks in [broken link removed], [broken link removed] and [broken link removed] funds. So if you already have these 3 MLIIF funds you have a similiar exposure to the sector.

Just added. [broken link removed] is a mix of energy, mining, and gold funds.

In fact, the stocks in JPM fund are similar to stocks in [broken link removed], [broken link removed] and [broken link removed] funds. So if you already have these 3 MLIIF funds you have a similiar exposure to the sector.

That's the issue alright. I'm invested in the World Mining & New Energy funds, but not Gold or World Energy. I'm slowly building my exposure to all these sectors so I can redirect future investments rather than move my investments.

I'll have a more detailed look at the JPM fund later and see what I might do.

Out of the 3..I now think the JP Morgan funds seems to be quite good (if this level of volatility is what you'r after)

Back