Other PIAB Settlement Time?

N

NiamhD

Hi
I am new to this forum so apologies if this has already been covered. I had a claim through PIAB for a car accident they have come back with a settlement figure which I have accepted and the 21 days has passed for the insurance company to object so what happens at this point? Does it take a long time to actually recieve the money? Could it be months again? I have a lot of medical bills to pay so the sooner they are paid the better!
Thanks!

as long as insurance company know, they must pay within 10 days. it is important that they were aware, as if the claim is non motor and insurance company were NOT aware of the PIAB application, then they have no obligation to pay. the RESPONDENT in that case must pay.

I know how you feel I was in a accident in march last year waiting for piab to come up with there figure I also have a back load of bills to pay. Hope is was not to serious of a accident I got rear ended whiplash to neck and back and still suffering from the bloody thing. Hope you are no longer suffering :)

as long as insurance company know, they must pay within 10 days. it is important that they were aware, as if the claim is non motor and insurance company were NOT aware of the PIAB application, then they have no obligation to pay. the RESPONDENT in that case must pay.

Thanks for this, the insurance company know about it alright they have been informed by PIAB every step of the way and also my solicitor has kept in contact with them. I will give PIAB a call on Tuesday and see what they say, I am so glad I got a solicitor though as this whole thing has been such a disaster. Will be glad to get the settlement, pay my bills and put it behind me!
@rescue16 I am not too bad now, I have regular hip and neck pain but I am also in the process of getting fit and that is helping a lot! My physio bills are astronomical though, who knew that a simple car accident could cause so many problems! Hope you are ok and get sorted soon, my accident was last Feb so you should get a decision from PIAB soon.

ah, now we have a solicitor in the loop, so the insurer will pay the solicitor, who will probably not pay you until you have paid his/her fees. make appointment with solicitor. if s/he tells you that they have not received the cheque, then instruct them to pursue and to write to PIAB telling them that insurer is in default. Be sure to also ask for a copy of that letter for your own records.

Thanks Ravima, the solicitor contacted PIAB today and the insurance company are saying that they never recieved the settlement details! So PIAB are now resending and I have another 21 days to wait, like I need another 21 days of stress!!

Hard to accept that, as Insurance companies receive the IB documentaion by email. However, always a first time.

Back