Photo of my house used without consent.

TeslaTim

It's being brought to my attention that a planning application in my town includes a photo of my private house taken from the footpath,is this allowed,I have looked at the planning application and not only my house but photos of about another 10 private houses are used to show that the new development is similar to other properties in the area..has anyone else being in this position or is this normal in a planning application.Its just strange to read a strangers planning application containing a photo of your private home.

Google Street view will give you another angle. Google earth will show your garden - and your neighbours.

All for the whole world to see.

The only situation where you could have an issue is if it was being passed off as someone else's. Eg, on a rental site and someone claiming that the house in the picture is the house being offered.

Last edited:
It's being brought to my attention that a planning application in my town includes a photo of my private house taken from the footpath,is this allowed,I have looked at the planning application and not only my house but photos of about another 10 private houses are used to show that the new development is similar to other properties in the area..has anyone else being in this position or is this normal in a planning application.Its just strange to read a strangers planning application containing a photo of your private home.
You could politely ask "them" to pixelate the offending picture or to black your gaff out of photo but it may draw even more attention to it.

Back