Phone for short-term business

pebbledash

I hope to do some short-term work for a charity on a voluntary basis and will need to use the phone a lot for a few weeks. I'm waiting for chorus ntl landline to be available in my area so I don't want to go with eircom landline. I also need a solution almost immediately.

Can anyone suggest a quick low cost option that might work? I have a vodafone mobile and broadband. I'd need to make national calls, probably a few mobile and the odd call to UK.

Would a calling card be a good option? Can these reduce national/mobile costs? Is skype easy to use for uk calls - would it be worth setting up an account for just a few weeks and is it a hassle for a uk business to call me back?

Any advice appreciated - if I can do this it might turn into paid work which I badly need.

VoIP seems the logical solution, since you already have broadband — wireless, I presume?

You can buy Skype credit on a pay-as-you-go basis, but from what you say one of their [broken link removed] might suit better (unlimited calls to landlines; calls to Irish mobiles 16c/minute on top). You can get an [broken link removed] for €15 for three months.

Back