PHI hard to claim

Rujib

Hi,

Has anyone experienced difficulties in making a claim against PHI. According to the SPB or was ot the Tribune this week end, PHI policies can be difficult to make a claim against with underwriters doing their best tp wriggle out of paying.

Having read the article I wonder about the true value of my PHI from Friends First.

Rujib

Hello,

Irish Life and Friends first are both offering good rates on PHI.

I would recommended Friends First as the policy contains more benefits.

Provided you read the terms and conditioins or get them explained to you there should be no problem in claiming, provided the claim is legal!

Regards
Paul

Pexus1976 said:
Hello,

Irish Life and Friends first are both offering good rates on PHI.

I would recommended Friends First as the policy contains more benefits.

Provided you read the terms and conditioins or get them explained to you there should be no problem in claiming, provided the claim is legal!

Regards
Paul

Agreed. I've arranged quite a few cases with Friends over the years. They are the market leaders for many reasons - chiefly their claims paying experience.

I've dealt with a number of PHI claims, mostly wih Friends First, and have never had a claim refused. Their underwriters are very strict at proposal stage so that in the event of a claim things run smoothly and I have to say I have found this to be the case.

jenolan said:
I've dealt with a number of PHI claims, mostly wih Friends First, and have never had a claim refused. Their underwriters are very strict at proposal stage so that in the event of a claim things run smoothly and I have to say I have found this to be the case.

Yeah I agree. PHI proposals are usually underwritten at proposal stage unlike certain insurers who underwrite life proposals at claim stage !

Back