Phase 2 of apts outside Dublin up about €75,000!

J

jellybaby

Just on to estate agents there - phase 2 of ashewood in ashbourne looks likely to go up €75,000! Is this normal?! Thought this could maybe be acceptable in Dublin - but surely not in ashbourne in meath??!

Re: Ashewood - Phase 2 up about €75,000!

I live in Ashbourne and it would be acceptable due to the Ashbourne by-pass been completed and the developement of the town. Sure Balbriggan is the same at the moment for apartments on the second phase of a development lately and these are about a half hour drive walk from the village and to the train to get the cattle train, as there bus would take you ages on the bus into town, where you could get the bus no problem from Ashbourne in peak traffic to town in about 40 minutes.

I was looking at a 3 bed semi-d in an estate in Dunleer, Co. Louth - off-plans in May/June it was 300k, with no floors which was pretty steep for a place ten miles north-west of Drogheda!!

Anyway, we didn't buy for personal and financial reasons. A few weeks ago, they opened the show-house and the houses now cost 350k.

Fifty grand of an increase in a few months might be believable in Dublin but DUNLEER? I was gobsmacked. And raging we didn't buy, but who could have known?

Although I did notice that even though there's only 16 of them they haven't all sold out yet - perhaps if EVERYONE thinks they're overpriced, they won't sell and Good will Triumph over Evil. :D

Re: Phase 2 of apts outside Dublin up about €75,000!

It's not just in Dublin ... it's everywhere. We bought a house in a new development Longford in July. Went on holidays for 2 weeks and when we came back prices in the estate had gone up 12%. Get in early is the only advice I can offer ... demand is definately outstripping supply.

I was looking at a 3 bed semi-d in an estate in Dunleer, Co. Louth - off-plans in May/June it was 300k, with no floors which was pretty steep for a place ten miles north-west of Drogheda!!

Anyway, we didn't buy for personal and financial reasons. A few weeks ago, they opened the show-house and the houses now cost 350k.

Fifty grand of an increase in a few months might be believable in Dublin but DUNLEER? I was gobsmacked. And raging we didn't buy, but who could have known?

Although I did notice that even though there's only 16 of them they haven't all sold out yet - perhaps if EVERYONE thinks they're overpriced, they won't sell and Good will Triumph over Evil. :D

Smart move. I wouldn't live in Dunleer if I was paid.

Re: Phase 2 of apts outside Dublin up about €75,000!

There were no apartments in phase 1 of Ashewood.

Since the first phase was launched nearly a year ago, it's to be expected that prices for 2, 3 and 4 bed houses will be higher in the second phase. Prices for the second phase have not been released yet.

From September last year:
[broken link removed]

Smart move. I wouldn't live in Dunleer if I was paid.

Well, we already live in Drawda (I'm a blow-in from the North-West, he's from a few miles away from Dunleer) and it's not that big a difference for us, once we've got the car under us. I'd prefer a smallish estate in Dunleer with instant access to the Dublin motorway two minutes away than a monster estate in Drawda and a twenty minute crawl through the town every morning.

The point I was making was that a fifty grand leap in prices was quite unexpected in a village without a train line or other many amenities.

hi just wondering if anyone knows when the second phase of Ashewood is due to be released? We are interested in a two bedroom with study but missed out on first phase.

Back