Pension Refund from Civil Service Ireland

J

Jason1983

Hi,

a quick question. I've currently left my position within the civil service in Ireland. However after working over two and a half years there, i'm wondering if I would be entitled to a refund of my pension payments.

Thanks

As far as I know you're only entitled to a refund of your pension payments for under 2 years.

g1g is correct, but you will have a small entitlement to a pension and lump sum when you reach retirement age.

As far as I know you're only entitled to a refund of your pension payments for under 2 years.

g1g is correct, but you will have a small entitlement to a pension and lump sum when you reach retirement age.

If one is made redundant and receives redundancy payment will they still receive a pension and lump sum when they reach retirement age?

If one is made redundant and receives redundancy payment will they still receive a pension and lump sum when they reach retirement age?

Perhaps I should re-phraise my query so here goes:-

Does redundancy payment affect pension entitlements? Thanks

JS,
the answer I belive is no.
Statutory Redundancy is completely separate from pension entitlements, and is paid only when a person is in emplyment for a least two years.
When a person has at least 2 years service in the public sector and subsequently leaves, they are entitled to a preserved pension and lump sum payable at age 60 (or 65 if they joined service after 1st April 2004).
Hope this helps.

Does anybody know if the pension levy is refundable if you leave the public sector after less than 2 years?

Flinty,
if you have less than two years service and therefore have no entitlement to pension lump sum, then yes it is refundable.
Evening

Back