Pension for self employed 41 yr old?

frunzy

Hi,
Sorry for posting with such an open title and hope I am not repeating an existing post. Looking at starting a pension age 41, self employed in av tech business. We(+ wife) have a consensus investment a/c with EBS which is doing rather badly at the moment, we recently met with the Irish Life rep via EBS who was advising me to start a pension. We were thinking it might not be a good idea to have all our eggs in one basket! and want to shop around.Who is doing the most competitive pensions at the mo(lowest management fees) or are they pretty much standard, I don't want to get ripped off.
Thanks

Hi,Its me again, some of the companies on that list have gone bust others haven't responded to my emails. JUst wondering is there any better pension company out there, as I said we met with Irish Life and yer man went through the options but just wondering are there better providers or is t pot luck these days??
ta,

Hi Frunzy

If you call any independent broker, they should be able to do an evaluation of the market and let you know your options.

Eagle Star also offer decent pension products. If you are having trouble contacting a broker at the moment, you can give me a call and I'll see what I can do for you (or any of the other brokers who regularly post on these forums I'm sure would be happy to help you out).

Kind regards

Stephen.

Back