Penalty Points over 3 years ago, where can I check that these have now expired ?

Digger

Got 2 penalty points over 3 years ago, where can I check that these have now expired and scratched from any record kept on me. Was I supposed to get notification in the post that the points have been removed?

Re: Penalty Points

Department of Transport Castlebar, should be a number on the original letter

Got 2 penalty points over 3 years ago, where can I check that these have now expired and scratched from any record kept on me. Was I supposed to get notification in the post that the points have been removed?

THEY WILL SEND U A LTR to confirm. as long as ur license is from the day of offence.

Sorry to butt in on someone else's thread, but...if one has a UK licence, and therefore penalty points are defered until age 65, or when the UK licence is changed to Irish (which the licencing office said not to do!) why will these "pending" penalty points not also expire with good behaviour assuming no new ones are added in the meantime? In other words, if you're allowed to accumulate them without them being added to your licence for now, why can't you "de-accumulate them" in the same way? Anyone else wondered about that?

Yes got points over 3 years ago, but have moved in the meantime, so I haven't yet had any confirmation that my record has been cleared. But I will try the transport crowd in castlebar.

Or is it Ballina??...you get the idea though

Yes got points over 3 years ago, but have moved in the meantime, so I haven't yet had any confirmation that my record has been cleared. But I will try the transport crowd in castlebar.

after ringing about 5 different dept i got the correct number for finding out how many penalty points you have on your license.
Call 09678288
only have 2 on mine,the other 2 have just expired after the 3 year rule :D

i know this is an old one but is this no. valid or is there another way to find out

Back