Pellet stove or everhot electric stove

Mothergoose

I'm thinking of getting a pellet stove, but a neighbour who has one said the cost of pellets have doubled and now oil is cheaper. He also said that pellets arent that green as they have to go through a lengthy manufacturing process and are imported.The house is 3 bed timber framed, but the whole estate has LPG via a communal tank. It is Callor LPG and is very expensive, which was why I was looking for an additional form of heating to lessen dependence on LPG.

The two local stove companies won't put in and certify a wood burning stove, but only a pellet stove due to fire risk as house is timber framed. However, I have looked at getting an energy efficient Everhot stove - which are energy efficient and allegedly keep the room warm for a considerable time after they are turned off. They can apparently also be uded as a solar dump if we have solar panels, battery etc, which we hope to invest in next year. I would really welcome advice on pellet stove vs Everhot electric stove.

Thanks!

an energy efficient Everhot stove - which are energy efficient and allegedly keep the room warm for a considerable time after they are turned off.
Just a couple of points on that. All electric heating is efficient, but don't confuse that with inexpensive. Also, a heat source that continues to heat a space long after it has been turned off is generally just as slow to heat up!

Back