paying German on-line shop

I

irishpancake

Please excuse my lack of knowledge in advance

As stated above, i am attempting to purchase and pay for goods from a German on-line shop, which accepts payments through a direct debit system called "Bankeinzug".

Does anyone know if it is possible to process payment from an Irish current account by the above method, and using IBAN/BIC details?

I am with AIB.

The fields I don't understand in the on-line form are 1) Kontonummer: 2) Bankleitzahl: which are obligatory. Also obligatory Name of Bank.

There are also two non-obligatory fields for IBAN and BIC.

Will this work, or is it strictly a German thing. (They accept orders from Ireland on the form.)

Honestly, haven't you ever heard of online translation? Try this.

Bankeinzug = Direct Debit
Kontonummer = Account No.
Bankleitzahl = Bank Code No. (I'd imagine it's the SORT code)

Honestly, haven't you ever heard of online translation? Try this

Yes I have, and I have translated the words, as you have above, thanks :D

But, really I was asking the question:

Does anyone know if it is possible to process payment from an Irish current account by the above method, and using IBAN/BIC details?......

Will this work, or is it strictly a German thing.

Also, what I don't understand is if it is safe to give details of Bank Account No. and Sort code ( Is that what Bankleitzahl actually means).

As I have never bought anything from Germany before, I am a little wary of giving the details above, and unsure as to their precise meaning(s) :confused:

You ring AIB 24 hour and give them the IBAN details (name, iban account number , iban sort code) for the German company. They create the account for you in the transfer section

You then log in and you may now transfer money to the Germans thru the online interface up to a limit of €12000 just like you would transfer from your current to your credit card for example. Its another dropdown option in the transfer menu.

You may not create the IBAN account in the interface though or else you may if you have the code card only.

Bankleitzahl is sort code yeas.

Thanks 2Pack,

I guess I'll have to contact the German retailer for their details (IBAN/BIC, etc).
I have the code-card from AIB, so it should bre easy to set up payment.

What has me puzzled, even though I have translated the on-line forms which are required to be filled in as above, is that the German retailer is lookng for my banking details, as if they would actually take payment from my bank account, by direct debit.

It(Bankeinzug) appears to be a common payment system in Germany ??

Germans normally have their IBAN details in the 'kontakt' area of the online shop . They hate credit cards and prefer hard cash you see :D

The www.jes-computer.de information is

Unsere Bankverbindung:
Inhaber: JES Computer
Raiffeisenbank Weissacher Tal eG
Konto-Nr.: 46921010
Bankleitzahl: 60261818

nur für Auslandszahlungen wichtig.
IBAN: DE97602618180046921010
Swift Code: GENODES1RWT

Inhaber = Account Name
Raffeisenbank etc is the name of the Bank
Account number
Sort Code or Target Code (literally)

Nur for ausland is only for foreign customers

The IBAN Code is a bank number / branch number / account number string ...see the end of it which is the account number)

2Pack, you've been extremely helpful, Danke schön :D

It looks as if I will have to arrange for payment as per AIB, IBAN/BIC to their account, as direct debits as per Bankeinzug is a German thing.

Why don't they take CC, or Paypal.

Any idea how much these International IBAN payments to Germany cost, and what is the most cost-effective way to do it?

an IBAN payment thru AIB costs 50c or 75c . It appears on your quarterly charges.

in Germany its a criminal offence to overdraw, they simply do not like credit cards at all (they have feck all compared to us) and prefer cash transactions . Paypal is huge in Germany so dunno.

wiedersehen

Back