Paying for bins to be removed from new house

If you cannot sell them - can you put your empty greyhound bins into your Thornton green bin and have them collected for free? Presumably they are made out of recyclable material?

haha I could Páid, at a squeeze and with some heavy duty equipment, but then id be loosing out on those dolla bills. I suppose my orig question was who is resp for removing the bins/rubbish - its apparent now that its me. In the meantime Greyhound have said they wont take bk the bins unless I dump the stuff and so im gona do as I please with them .

I can potentially sell the bins for €30 each, place the rubbish into my thornton bins which will take 15 mins and save having to pay them €30. its a no brainer. so im €120 better off - not to be scoffed at really!
Yes, there must be a huge market of people ready to pay full price for second hand bins that are microchipped with your address.

Some people lucky enough to have the space use spare bins as makeshift water butts or home composters, or for use as overflow waste storage.

Reactions: jim
They're not microchipped so that's a silly statement.

All providers have been issuing chipped bins or retro-fitting older bins for some time now. The trucks are fitted with sensors that automatically record each lift and the weight before and after empty to calculate the weight of waste. Did you think someone was writing down the name/address of each house they collected bins from in order to work out lift charges?

Whether these particular bins are chipped or not will depend on their age, but if they were in regular use up to recently, there's a very good chance they are as all providers would have relied on these for pay-by-weight billing. Take a look at your bin for something like these.

Back