PAYE tax credits of spouse

pahadia

I am a self employed and my wife is a house wife. I am proprietary directory of a management company. I am wondering if I can claim my wife's personal and PAYE tax credits ?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated ?

Hi,

If you are a proprietary director, you cannot claim the PAYE tax credit as far as im aware. Are you not jointly assessed? If so you should be getting the married tax credit. If your wife stays at home to mine your children then ye would be entitled to the home carers tax credit which is €770 per annum.

Jockey

I am a self employed and my wife is a house wife. I am proprietary directory of a management company. I am wondering if I can claim my wife's personal and PAYE tax credits ?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated ?

If you are a propriety director you definately cannot claim the paye credit for wages taken from that company. You can go on joint assessment, thereby effectively claiming your wifes single persons credit. Your wifes paye credit does not exist. She is only entitled to the paye credit if she has paye income. If she takes a wage from your company, she is not entitled to the paye credit.

If you are a propriety director you definately cannot claim the paye credit for wages taken from that company. You can go on joint assessment, thereby effectively claiming your wifes single persons credit. Your wifes paye credit does not exist. She is only entitled to the paye credit if she has paye income. If she takes a wage from your company, she is not entitled to the paye credit.

Thanks for reply. That clarifies me my position.

Back