PAYE/PRSI tax return

Eazos

Hi,
I'm looking into my tax paid for last year and according to my P60, I earned €15801, paid €657 PAYE and €765 PRSI.

Im wondering:
If I applied for a P21 balancing statement, would i be entitled to any PAYE back?
PRSI: Because I earned less than €20,000 I am entitled to the 2% health levy back but would I be entitled to any more of the PRSI back??

I should add that I claimed social welfare during 2005 (approx €900) Could this affect my tax claim and possibly mean that I own them some money instead?? Need to know this before I apply

Any ideas, suggestions tips appreciated
Sull

ok forget that last entry, I was trying to press the tab button

ok just looking further into this, am I right in saying that-

my 2005 tax credits should be: 1580 single person tax cred
1270 PAYE tax credit

=2850 total tax credits

therefore 15801 x 20% = 3160 - 2850 = 310 ( tax due)

tax paid - tax due = refund woohoo
657.94 - 310 = 346 (ish)

Is this right and could getting the dole for 6 weeks (ish) affect this???
Thanks

Seems to look right. Why do you think you're due a refund of the health levy though? Were you earning over E400/week?

no, if u earn under €20500 pa u are entitled to your 2% health levy back regardless of whether of weekly income fluctuates above/below 400 yoyos p.w.

Eazos said:
no, if u earn under €20500 pa u are entitled to your 2% health levy back regardless of whether of weekly income fluctuates above/below 400 yoyos p.w.

This isn't correct

Hi

well I paid PRSI of 765 on total earnings of 15801 which amounts to 4.8% of my gross income so god know what it was on...
The wage was more than 400 euro per week but i only worked 6.5 months that year....

Ubiquitous -
care to elaborate on your insightful comment...

Thanks,

Eoghan

Dunno if there is much need to expand on my earlier comment - what you said is clearly incorrect, ie, if you earn under €20500 pa you are NOT entitled to your 2% health levy back regardless of whether of weekly income fluctuates above/below €400 p.w.

If you disagree, perhaps you might yourself care to elaborate..

Im just going by this thread

and a brief conversation with a civil servant in PRSI refunds section of Oisin House......?

"Possible refund of Health Contribution​

Where an employee’s weekly pay fluctuates above and below​
400, but the annual pay during 2005 is not more than 20,800, the employee may claim a refund of the 2% Health Contribution deduction from Department of Social and Family Affairs" (from SW14 (2005)), so yes you are correct. Wasn't doubting you, just trying to verify that you earned over 400 euro some weeks!

Lorraine B said:
"Possible refund of Health Contribution​
here an employee’s weekly pay fluctuates above and below​
400, but the annual pay during 2005 is not more than 20,800, the employee may claim a refund of the 2% Health Contribution deduction from Department of Social and Family Affairs" (from SW14 (2005)), so yes you are correct. Wasn't doubting you, just trying to verify that you earned over 400 euro some weeks!

One of my daughter's might be in same position. How does she go about getting a refund?

I know its been a while but just got a cheque in the post for 300 yoyos, PRSI, not bad for spending 5 minutes to fill out a form!

thanks Eazos: mrs CU earns less than €20800 now as she doesnt work full time but I dont suppose it matters whether its full time or not. the firm she works for only uses a 'calculator' issued by the revenue and I assume that health levy is included in their calculations. she works 5 days per week at about 6 hours per day so I assume that counts as full time employment.

Back