PAYE Online

Perplexed

I've registered & got my PIN etc for ROS. I have a lot of medical expenses this year. Will they take my word on it ?

I find it really strange that you don't have to bundle up all your expenses & send them off.

Is it correct that all I have to do is make sure I hold all my receipts etc for 6 yrs in case Revenue do a spotcheck ?

Also am I right in thinking that any Interest and/or Rent earned abroad this year will be on next years return ?

Do I have to do my return before Oct 31st next year or do I stick with my normal PAYE year end, seeing as the bulk of my income will be from my normal employment ?

Many thanks in advance. I've done a quick search & can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere - sorry if I'm looking under wrong headings.

I've registered & got my PIN etc for ROS. I have a lot of medical expenses this year. Will they take my word on it ?

I find it really strange that you don't have to bundle up all your expenses & send them off.

Is it correct that all I have to do is make sure I hold all my receipts etc for 6 yrs in case Revenue do a spotcheck ?

Also am I right in thinking that any Interest and/or Rent earned abroad this year will be on next years return ?

Do I have to do my return before Oct 31st next year or do I stick with my normal PAYE year end, seeing as the bulk of my income will be from my normal employment ?

Many thanks in advance. I've done a quick search & can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere - sorry if I'm looking under wrong headings.

Hi Perplexed,

They will take your word for it but as you say you have to hold onto the receipts for 6 years as every year they audit a number of Med1s. They don't ask for the receipts as it would be very tedious having to go through all of them!

Any income earned this year will have to be submitted by 31st October 2007. Your main employment income for 2006 will then be included on that return.

Regards,

Jockey

Many thanks Jockey.
It's just as I thought but in case I was reading it wrong just wanted a second opinion.

Back