PAYE Balancing Statement (P21) - Query

D

Daffer

I have a query regarding a result of a request for a PAYE Balancing Statement for 2008.

In April of 2008 I left a job in which I had been on the higher tax rate. I joined the Public Sector for a job which required going to college, during which I received a student wage. This was well below the taxable limit, thus I didn't pay any more tax for the year.

From June 2008 onwards until the end of the year I received tax back via payroll as from Jan to April I had overpaid tax based on the entire year.

When I went online to request a PAYE Balancing Statement via PAYE online the system asked me to enter the pay and tax details for the 2nd employment from my P60. My P60 had stated the amount of tax that I had been refunded during the year. However, the online system didn't allow for a 'minus' figure to be entered, therefore I entered 'zero - 0' as effectively I hadn't paid any tax during this employment.

I then received the Balancing Statement in the post with details of a substantial overpayment which I received in a refund into my bank account.

I felt that this was a mistake, therefore I logged onto the website to check if there was any additional correspondance in my PAYE onling account. I noted that my details for 2008 had been updated to show the refunded amount that I had received via payroll and which was on my P60.

Should I have received this overpayment refund as a result of requesting the balancing statement of is it a mistake??

I have a query regarding a result of a request for a PAYE Balancing Statement for 2008.

In April of 2008 I left a job in which I had been on the higher tax rate. I joined the Public Sector for a job which required going to college, during which I received a student wage. This was well below the taxable limit, thus I didn't pay any more tax for the year.

From June 2008 onwards until the end of the year I received tax back via payroll as from Jan to April I had overpaid tax based on the entire year.

When I went online to request a PAYE Balancing Statement via PAYE online the system asked me to enter the pay and tax details for the 2nd employment from my P60. My P60 had stated the amount of tax that I had been refunded during the year. However, the online system didn't allow for a 'minus' figure to be entered, therefore I entered 'zero - 0' as effectively I hadn't paid any tax during this employment.

I then received the Balancing Statement in the post with details of a substantial overpayment which I received in a refund into my bank account.

I felt that this was a mistake, therefore I logged onto the website to check if there was any additional correspondance in my PAYE onling account. I noted that my details for 2008 had been updated to show the refunded amount that I had received via payroll and which was on my P60.

Should I have received this overpayment refund as a result of requesting the balancing statement of is it a mistake??

might be better to ring revenue and ask some one to look at it. if they find it done the line they will want the money back

Back