pay by cheque

TLC

Hope someone can assist me, I'm looking for information on any regulations about paying staff by cheque - paid weekly but employer didn't issue the cheques until 5.00 Friday, we usually receive them on a Thursday & can lodge in the bank Friday. I'm going to probably miss a direct debit payment as will be lodging next Monday. We did ask for the cheques Thurs & Fri morning, but no go.
I did think that we were entitled to get the cheque in time to at least go to the bank.

i hope the cheques clear............ stranger things have happened

Have asked him but he says its costing him too much in bank charges(??)
I hope the chq clears too - he's always been awkward, I've been there 6 years & it's not easy

Paying by cheque on Friday at 5pm is classic dodge tactics - very likely the funds aren't in the bank and he's using this as a way of buying himself time until probably Wed by the time the cheques clear.
Watch it like a hawk.....

mrblues - thought so myself - all I can do is keep an eye on things - isn't it awful - work your a... off all week & have to put up with this!
Thanks to all for all the comments

Have asked him but he says its costing him too much in bank charges(??)
I hope the chq clears too - he's always been awkward, I've been there 6 years & it's not easy

Might be worth pointing out to him that every cheque he writes costs him 50 cent in Govt tax (stamp duty)