patient's trolley taken when in the toilet.

• Thread starter icantbelieveitstaken
  • Start date
GP fees

My GP charges 40 per visit. A visit is supposed to last 10 minutes I think, but he will take longer if necessary but doesn't charge more. He'll also deal with several adjunctive questions too at the same time.

Considering his probable overheads, employment of a practice nurse & secretary, I think he probably doesn't charge enough. I don't think he's making a fortune by any means, and works bl***y hard for it.

An accountant or solicitor would be more expensive.

Doctors fees

An accountant or solicitor would be more expensive."

I don't begrudge the doctor his money, but this statement is not really fair. Some solicitors\accountants would indeed be more expensive. But I think you will find that in most rural locations and small to medium towns, most solicitors would charge no more than €40 for a one-off consultation which would take roughly the same time as a long-ish visit to the doctor. Many would charge as little as €20.

Many solicitors - esp. older ones - would charge nothing for a simple consultation, though this practice is (rightly in my view) becoming less common.

Of course, there would be V.A.T. on top of this, which the doc. doesn't have to charge.

Back