Passports

U

Unregistered

I damaged my passport a couple of days ago (water damage) and had to get a new one before Monday when I am requiredto travel for work. Went to the passport office this morning and to my amazement there was no queue - not a single person in front of me. Although the staff were very abrupt because I needed the replacement today/tomorrow. They even rang my employer (whom I had a letter from) and I also had travel confirmation but not flight tickets which I need to bring to them when I collect the passport.
I thought this was a bit rich considering that I had to pay €75 to replace the passport and an extra €50 because I needed it asap.

Has anyone else had similar problems requesting an emergency passport?

Are the days of the long queues gone or was I just extremely lucky?

Well I do know that the Post Office provide a 10 working day passport service. No hassle. I think most people use this instead of going to the PP office.

I needed to telephone the passport office this week. Tried both phone numbers repeatedly but always got a busy signal. Then I emailed the address on the form but didn't even receive an acknowledgement. I await with interest what will happen regarding my application.

Re: Passports - what's needed?

I need to get a new passport and will use the Post Office. Have been put off phoning after reading posts here. Can't remember what's needed so would really appreciate it if someone could tell me. Suppose I'll have to go to the local Garda Station to get the form and the photos signed. Have I forgotten anything?

If you go to the post office, the form details all the 'stuff' you need. We are trying to get a passport in a hurry, I rang the office in Molesworth St. on Wednesday, and after a long wait did get to talk to someone. DH called in on Thursday afternoon and was able to get sorted out very quickly, not a lot of queues.

Back