Passport Renewal during Covid.

Bronco Lane

My passport is due for renewal in April. The passport office is not dealing with renewals until we go to Level 4 lockdown. I don't expect to travel abroad in 2021.

My question is. After my passport expires in April, must I apply within a certain time to have my passport renewed? Could I leave it until the end of the year?

Good to know. Mine expired also but can’t get it renewed until I get my hair done and eyebrows waxed. Don’t even recogise myself these days. :cool:

My passport is due for renewal in April. The passport office is not dealing with renewals until we go to Level 4 lockdown. I don't expect to travel abroad in 2021.

My question is. After my passport expires in April, must I apply within a certain time to have my passport renewed? Could I leave it until the end of the year?
We renewed ours recently and while the passport office website said that there was long delays, our new passports actually arrived inside of a week.

You will never know when you have to travel abroad. Get the application in as soon as possible.

@Pinoy adventure ...... U were luckier than me so - I submitted my renewal online on 29th December and its still processing. It was a simple renewal - no complications.

You can Renew online now and turn around for us was 12 days
Did you do that during Level 5 Lockdown?

Passport Online - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie)

"Passport Online is open to all applicants, including children, renewing their passports and those applying for their first passport who are resident in Ireland, UK, EU, EEA and Switzerland. These applications will be processed when the Passport Services resumes operations. "

The point is, they will be processed in the order that they were received when operations resume. So I'd get your application in online as soon as you can...

Are you in a position to use the online facility?

It’s superb.

I think the point is that the online facility is not available at the moment.
It is open for submitting applications but they are not being processed at the moment. My cousin submitted a renewal from Africa about two weeks ago.

I can't see anywhere on the website that allows you to submit online today. Can anyone else?

I applied for a passport CARD renewal on Saturday 23 January online.

According to the website it is due to issue tomorrow, so about 9 working days.

Back