Parking spaces, New House; havn't been marked out yet. Who does one contact?

grotty

Hi, I bought a new house , and moved in over the xmas-the parking spots out the back of the house havn't been marked out. Who does one contact to get this done? The management committee, the builders or do the residents have to get someone in themselves to do it? Any ideas thanks

Re: Parking spaces

From recent experience, I can tell you that you need to find out who owns or manages the land. If the developer still has the spaces on his folio, it may be his call. If the council has taken the scheme in hand, it is their call and they won't do it. If there is a management company, it is their call and only they can do it.

If the council has taken it in hand, they will allow any resident or the residents' association to mark out the spaces - if they are marked on the plan with the council or the land registry. The developer may take the same view.

if you have been allocated one its usually outlined within the title deeds

Thanks for your help - I will contact the management committee: I am 100% sure that specific spaces came with the house, and it is purely a matter of getting somebody out to paint & number the area in question. Thanks

Back