Parking near Temple Bar

Z

zag

Does anyone know where is the best place to park for access to Temple Bar *when approaching from the N11* ?

I would have parked in the Temple Bar car park, but since all the roads have been blocked and closed off and one-way'd it looks like you can't actually get in there without going all the way up the quays, onto Parliament Street, down Dame Street, onto Westmoreland Street and back into Temple Bar.

Please tell me I'm wrong. I need to get there tomorrow and blowing 20 minutes or more going around the block isn't my idea of fun.

I may well end up parking on the street, but I would prefer an indoor carpark.

Cheers,

z

Hi Zag,

As parking/traffic will be at a premium if at all possible you would be better off getting the Luas into town and pay just the €8 (parking and fare). You will have a bit of a walk from Stephen's Green but better/quicker option IMHO.

If you do need to bring the car I would imagine you would need to be there very early and I think rather than go down the quays the car park at [broken link removed] would be the best option. Its quite small but better for a quicker exit from town. The next car park would probably be the [broken link removed]

Sueellen - thanks for that. I actually needed to be in very early and so couldn't rely on public transport, but I do use it the rest of the time.

I ended up doing what I hoped I wouldn't have to do - driving around the block and passing the car park on all 4 sides before getting to a road I could use.

I think I will change jobs and open a multi-storey car park - €5.80 for 90 minutes.

And they even get tax breaks for running the things.

Unbelievable.

z

Back