Parking and Trespass

Yes, ultimately a solicitor will have to be consulted, as if it isn't clear, it will need legal interpretation. Maybe one of the solicitors who contribute will post in due course? This is something I am interested in myself.

But then again, definitve answers to legal queries are hard to come by.........

The informal legal advice I have received (from a friend who is a solicitor) now indicates that it is trespass. The legal remedy, as bond-007 says, is an injunction. That would be a last resort.

CCOVICH - your situation may vary, as in our case the parking area in question is, very clearly, privately owned.

euroDilbert said:
CCOVICH - your situation may vary, as in our case the parking area in question is, very clearly, privately owned.

???

As is ours, it's a private development, there are signs clearly stating that parking is for residents only, there is no right of way through our developemnt, and we have since had gates installed, and people still infringed.

The management company owns the common area, all owner occupiers are members of same, so all have joint ownership.

Am I missing something, or are you just giving a caveat?

CCOVICH said:
Am I missing something, or are you just giving a caveat?

I was just being cautious. Your original posts didn't clarify what you meant by 'private' in this context. Private developments often have public roads etc. passing through them.

Ok thanks. No, there is no public road or right of way through our development.

Best of luck getting your problem sorted. I'm sure many of us would appreciate hearing what the outcome is, so please post back.

Back