Parents used my name on planning permission without consent

Unsure02

Hi everyone, I have just found out that my parents used my name on several planning permission applications, that were accepted, when I was a child to build a house. Is this allowed? Will this affect me now that I want to get planning permission to build my own house. Thanks

Hi everyone, I have just found out that my parents used my name on several planning permission applications, that were accepted, when I was a child to build a house.

Is this allowed?

Well if it has happened it has happened, allowed hardly comes into it.

Will this affect me now that I want to get planning permission to build my own house.

Yes it will, specifically you will not be considered to have a housing need.

Using other peoples name on planning applications was (is?) widespread, and in some cases that I am aware of the person involved has been unable to get their own planning. If you were under age at the time that might open some possibility to claim that you could not have made a valid application.

If you look for a solicitor with experience in the area, they might be able to help.[/QUOTE]

I am no expert on this, but my neighbour's son was refused planning permission on the basis that he had received planning some years previously and therefore had no housing need. Someone else had applied for planning using his name. He was unable to resolve the situation.

Thanks @cremeegg
I had never thought of that. I've seen a few problems before with parents buying / building houses in their children's names, but no first hand accounts of planning issues.

Back