Paper cert

MrCat

May seem like a basic question - would appreciate help anyway.
It's more or less a decade since I dabbled in stocks so im a bit out of touch with it these days.
I hold a Pharma penny stock since around 2010 traded on AIM, had almost forgotten about it but recently got my hands on the share cert.
Registrar is LINK in Leeds, reading their procedures it could take 11 or so days to execute a sell.
I'd like to be able to move quickly on any spike so would prefer to be able to do it online.
Are there still any brokers around that can execute a trade if I hand them the cert? Id prefer not to maintain an account with anyone as its not high value and couldn't justify the maintenance cost. If that is the route I have to go though, what brokers can I join that I can give the cert to and get the trade done quickly?
I had a goodbody account years ago and found them dreadfully poor, I had to get a friend to purchase this stock as goodbody didn't trade them... granted they may have improved since then.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Very few brokers will deal in paper certs these days as far as I know. Other than converting them to electronic holdings. Paper certs are basically on the way out. These days you generally have little option other than to hold shares electronically in a personal or nominee account.

Back