Panda Power reviews - €100 cashback and 28% discount on electricity

Looks like a great offer. 125 euro back also if you have gas / electricity.

I can’t imagine customer service is bad in 2020. You have option to complain to Comreg if it’s so bad. But I expect isolated cases arise from time to time. Panda’s agency staff are human too... give them a chance I would say ...

Thanks for that.

Might give them a ring to confirm details of moving and sound them out as well. I read yesterday that the switch has to be done on-line as the €100 cashback does not apply if the deal is done over the phone.

Looks like a great offer. 125 euro back also if you have gas / electricity.

Came across this this morning when checking out powertoswitch.ie who are listed on the CRU website.

The unit rate for Bord Gais is only 14.44 cent (inclusive of VAT) and the Panda Power rate is 16.33 (inclusive of VAT) so with our usage of over 5,500 units the €100 would be used up. Also the standing charge with Panda is higher by about €5.00 so possibly not such a great deal after all.

Also the Bord Gais deal does not include a 12 month contract like Panda so if you did decide to leave the €50 penalty for breach of contract does not apply.

I'm checking out this move for possibly two accounts hence the attention to detail :)

Last edited:
I switched to Panda in March and all went smoothly. I got the €100 credit after I paid my first bill. Their web site seems straight forward to use and I also received a text when it was time for me to submit a meter reading which was useful as it ensures my readings are up to date and my bills are accurate.

I'm with them about 3 years (since they started) What I like is that they ring you near the end of the contract and give you offer of a new one with similar discount.

Others hope that you forget.

I've been using Panda for over a year. Just signed up for another contract as the discounted rate was still availble even though i was an existing customer. This wasn't the case with the (many) suppliers i've used in the past.

I usually go onto Bonkers.ie every year at the end of my contract, enter my annual usage for gas & electricity, and go with the cheapest. It only takes minutes. If you don't know your annual usage in kWh, ask your current provider.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.

Back