Painting/Treating upstairs windows

ophelia

My upstairs windows badly need a good sanding and treatment with Sadolin or something similar. I feel very unsure on the ladder and wouldn't have anyone to hold it. Has anybody tried those scaffold-type thingys which seem alot more secure in my opinion. How much does it cost to hire them and from where - I live on the southside D16.

Try a HSS Hire shop they usually have everything of that nature. If they are too expensive for a tower consider a ladder stabiliser bar which attachs to the top of the ladder with U bolts. It trebles the width of the ladder where it leans against the wall but still allows you plenty of working room.

Hey ophelia: Had the same problem. Okay on a ladder to clean the gutters etc and even paint a few windows. But it takes a couple of runs up and down to feel comfortable there! However the point of my story is that I had to do some painting on a gable (above regular gutter level). A mate gave me his scaffolding tower - which basically slots together like "lego". Built the scaffold up and up over the gutter. Not too difficult to do. The tower is now solid as a rock. Went to go up on the top platform and froze. Couldn't do it! I suppose the good part is that I wasn't up there and wouldn't come down!!!!! That's two weeks ago now and the scaffolding is still up. AND I have to dismantle it to give it back........... ! Good luck!!

Back