Paid after layoff

dariuscork

Was called back to work after a 4 week layoff and lo and behold I got paid the same week by employer to the tune of approx one and a half weeks wages,now I dont want to ask employer about it as I am strapped for cash, any ideas on why I got it???

Was called back to work after a 4 week layoff and lo and behold I got paid the same week by employer to the tune of approx one and a half weeks wages,now I dont want to ask employer about it as I am strapped for cash, any ideas on why I got it???

clerical error... it's not your money; pay it back.

Are you a PAYE employee? If so then it's probably a refund of tax overpaid due to you being on lay off for four weeks. It would show up as a tax refund on your payslip, if you got one.

Could you be due hoiliday pay or maybe tax rebate? Better to find out before you spend it, if it's not yours....you will have to repay it.

your 4 week layoff ..... perhaps they decided to call some of it holiday time?

Best to check rather than spend.

Dunno but will find out next week,payroll closed today so I coiuld not enquire,think I will have a great weekend!!!!!Thanks for all replies.

If you're out of work you'd be much better off saving it rather than blowing it on the weekend!

Back